Position Title: Advocacy Intern
Position Type: Part Time (20 hours or less)
Compensation: $1,000 stipend per semester, paid in two $500 payments
Do you want to work for the most effective nonprofit in patient advocacy and join a truly dynamic team impacting the healthcare landscape? What about a chance to make a difference in the lives of over 100 million patients who live with liver disease globally? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep commitment to advancing creative and thoughtful solutions to improve the lives of those affected by liver disease, we want to hear from you.
The Global Liver Institute (GLI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by liver disease by promoting innovation, encouraging collaboration, and scaling optimal approaches to help eradicate liver diseases. We believe that by collaborating with patients, the medical community, other advocacy organizations, and our corporate partners, we will achieve our vision for liver health to take its proper place on the global public health agenda consistent with its prevalence and impact. In just seven years, GLI has grown from a social impact start-up to an international nonprofit with an expanding list of programs and initiatives serving patients and the liver health community.
We have a diverse team with staff located across the US and in the United Kingdom and European Union, and our expansion plans include programs in two additional continents by Q4 2023.
The Advocacy Intern will work closely with the VP of Policy in developing the Global Liver Institute’s Liver Action Network (LAN). In addition to developing content for LAN meetings, the Advocacy Intern will engage liver advocates and support advocacy engagement efforts across GLI programs.
Liver Action Network (LAN) Background
In 2021, GLI launched the LAN to meet the rapidly growing need for a coalition of community based organizations across the United States and abroad. Collectively, the LAN facilitates grassroot efforts to advance liver policy at the local, state, national and international levels. The LAN is an affiliation model that facilitates strategic mentorship, technical assistance, and financial support to community organization members, and affords a central structure for the formulation of policy positions and programmatic solutions by advocates. LAN is a first-of-its-kind network that provides community member organizations a central structure for the formulation of collective policy positions and programmatic solutions.
- Assist in developing a virtual experience for LAN meetings, including virtual discussions and contribution to educational materials and activities.
- Collaborate with experts in a variety of advocacy topics including digital health, clinical trials, policy, and media.
- Conduct research on current patient advocacy opportunities and engage GLI’s core patient advocate community.
- Support patient advocacy engagement initiatives across GLI’s suite of programs.
- Knowledge and/or experience with virtual learning and remote work
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace Applications
- Passion for nonprofits and health advocacy
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals from cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across the team and with external stakeholders
- Superior organization and leadership abilities
How to Apply:
Please send your Resume/CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with Advocacy Intern in the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for internships posted, we are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process. The Global Liver Institute is committed to fostering diverse perspectives and actively pursuing equity in all aspects of our work. The Global Liver Institute is an equal opportunity employer.