Public Policy Intern
About the Role:
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: NBIX) is offering the opportunity to gain experience in and familiarity with public policy issues impacting biopharmaceutical companies and products. Our intern program offers an opportunity to work within the Public Policy team and gain exposure to the Corporate Affairs department, as well as an understanding of other relevant functions within a biotechnology company. The Public Policy team has a strong reputation in the biopharmaceutical industry for in-depth understanding and analysis of complex health policy issues impacting the industry.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
- Conduct research on public policy issues impacting the regulation of pharmaceutical products, delivery of care in a telehealth environment, and the Medicare Part D and Medicaid programs, among others
- Prepare summaries and presentations on specific research findings and present those to Public Policy, Corporate Affairs, and others, as appropriate
- Interact with multiple stakeholders within the company, particularly across Corporate Affairs
- Collaborate with a mentor team of cross-functional members, as well as the other interns in the class
- Complete one or more special projects and present the recommendations to management upon completion
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following fields: public health, public policy, political science, biotechnology, life sciences, or law; candidates in graduate programs preferred
- A strong interest in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals; prior experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry would be an asset but is not required
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical and health policy, biopharmaceutical technologies, physical and life sciences, medical product development, and legislative/regulatory processes is desirable
- Outstanding research and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and be a team player within a high-functioning, fast-paced environment
- Exhibit flexibility with a willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Bring to the Company a skill set complementary to its therapeutic portfolio
- Interest in attending various program events, including social gatherings, career development workshops, and more
- Ability to commit to a 10-week, full-time summer program
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and we recognize there are a variety of ways to meet our requirements. We are looking for the best candidate for the job and encourage you to apply even if your experience or qualifications don’t line up to exactly what we have outlined in the job description.